- Explore historical messaging regarding alcohol use and define current recommendations during pregnancy
- Explain the prevalence of alcohol use among women of childbearing age
- Recognize the community needs in Indiana related to prevention of FASD
- Learn evidence-based FASD prevention strategies
About the speaker- Jackie Franks, MPH, CHES, CPS:
Jackie Franks is the Executive Director of Indiana Alliance on Prenatal Substance Exposure. Jackie is an Illinois native and received her bachelor’s degree in health science and master’s degree in Public Health from Benedictine University in Lisle, IL. Jackie has worked extensively in health education, promotion, and primary disease prevention for over a decade. She is a mental health advocate and passionate about substance use prevention and harm reduction. Jackie volunteers as a mentor and recovery advocate and has committed her career and much of her personal life to helping Hoosiers live their healthiest lives. Jackie serves on several coalitions and collaboratives including the Governing Council for Indiana Perinatal Quality Improvement Collaborative for the Indiana State Department of Health.
Training provides 1 CEU for all who complete the training. MHAI Training Institute provides CEU for the following:
- Addiction Counselors
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapist
- Mental Health Counselors
- Certified Peer Recovery Professionals (CAPRC, CARC, CHW/CRS, CHW, CCHW)
Please allow five business days to receive your CEU certificate. You will receive an email inviting you to download your certificate from Accredible, our new certificate management platform.
This lunch & learn will be provided via Zoom (www.zoom.us)
Please visit https://inalliancepse.org/ for more information on fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) and fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS).