This three-day interactive training provides participants with a detailed understanding of medication used to assist with substance use disorders.
- Become familiar with medications associated with substance use disorder
- Develop an understanding of the role of medication in the recovery process
- Increase ability to use treatment matching principles for persons in recovery
- Understand professional responsibilities of providing medication for substance use disorder
This training is required for the ICAADA MATS credential, however a person can attend and not obtain the credential. Credentialing cost, including exam, certification fee, and ICAADA membership ARE NOT included in this cost.
35 hours of distance (on-line) learning is a component of this course that is provided with admission purchase. It is highly encouraged this distance learning be completed prior to the ‘live’ training. Information on how to begin the distance learning will be e-mailed to the participant within 2-weeks of registration. Be sure to watch for this to be sent to your registration email as your email system may place it in your junk/spam when it is received.
Course is 9a-4:30pm each day.
Course provides 18 CEU for the following professionals:
- Social Workers
- Addiction Counselors
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Mental Health Counselors and Certified Peer Support professionals (CAPRC, CHW/CRS and CCHW)