Diversity Equity & Inclusion Training ProposalDEI
During this three-hour didactic and interactive course, the concepts of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) will be explored. The contrast between equity and equality practices will be considered. A humorous video which illustrates inclusiveness challenges in the workplace will be viewed. Differences between diversity programs and DEI programs will be reviewed. Participants will have the opportunity to examine the personal impact of inclusive behaviors. Those attending will review evidenced-based data regarding the benefits of diversity equity and inclusion programs. The advantages of diverse teams will be explored. Successful DEI strategies, as well as pitfalls to avoid will be shared.
“Inclusion is not bringing people into what already exists; it is making a new space,
a better space for everyone.” – George Dei
During this course participants will:
1. Review the concepts of diversity, equity and inclusion and consider application to the workplace.
2. Identify the differences between Diversity and DEI programs
3. View a video which illustrates DEI challenges in the workplace.
4. Discuss the contrast between equality, equity, and justice concepts
5. Identify six primary benefits of a diverse team
6. Discuss the 3R+ model of benefits of DEI programs
7. Review seven practices to avoid in successful DEI efforts
“Diversity is a fact. Equity is a choice. Inclusion is an action.
BELONGING is an outcome.” – Arthur Chan